Monday, June 23, 2008


We are camping near Glacier Nat. Park tonight. It is located in Northen Montana near the Canadian border. We drove from Fairmont Hot Springs this morning through the rockies. It is beautiful. Anyway, Sunday night Beth, Becca & I were sitting outside our camper when Becca started whining loudly. All of the sudden we saw a bear about 25 feet from us. Beth, Becca & I bolted to the camper door at the same time. Of course we didn't all fit. The bear meanwhile took off. I did get a picture. We found out later that the bear is an orphaned cub. I did learn a couple things at the springs. First of all I still need a hip replacement and also one looks like a prune after sitting in hot water for awhile. The pools were 104 t0 112 degrees and 90 degrees. Tomorrow we head for the "Going to the Sun Road" at Glacier. It is not completely open due to heavy snow.

No comments: