Monday, June 9, 2008

We are on Vancouver Island. Sure is wet and cold. We came over from Annacortes. WA on the Washington State Ferry. It took about 3 hours. I didn't know there are so many islands out here. We met some interesting people on the ferry. When we left Idaho on Saturday morning, we drove through lots of rain in southwest Washington but as we became closer to the Cascades, the area became semi-arid. We camped in a Washington State campground which is irrigated and lush. It was called Potholes State Park. It is on a large lake. Washington has the nicest state campgrounds we have ever camped in. Then on Sunday morning we drove through the Cascades to the Seattle area. The temperature dropped but everything became a lot greener. Annacortes, WA is 90 miles north of Seattle. This is where the ferry leaves to Vancouver Island. We camped in a town campground that is a rain forest. The sun was shining but it was so dark you almost needed a flashlight. I (Bill) have been wearing my Packer cap because if I wear my Bear cap I am afraid people will think I am from Chicago,. Tomorrow we go to Butchart Gardens near Victoria, BC. Then we head north to Port Hardy, BC where we pick up the BC Ferry and then go to Prince Rupert BC.

No comments: